RHC2.0 is the name for the big step the coop is making towards the future.
This software under development is a collective tool for horizontal projects and resources management within distributed networks.
The main component, the technological change that underlies it all is that we have moved our member & share register on the Ethereum blockchain.
For now, this implies a couple of things.
- New member pages: when the web service is ready members will get an individual e-mail invitation to their new accounts
- Reformulating the old shares, cryptotokens managed on the blockchain
- Aftermarket: members can sell & buy shares from each other on the member pages
The software under development needing to be funded is a collective tool for horizontal projects and resources management within distributed networks.
Firstly we need a member and share register that can be accessed by the members (this has been impossible for a too long time) and easily managed by the administration. Including:
-member account login & typical auxiliary functions (change personal info, reset password)
-member functions: see amount and value of shares, buy more shares
-new members registration: account creation and shares purchase
-admin: see & edit member and shares register
-admin: see & edit share price
-admin: issue new shares to a member
Having the above minimal functions in place would restore the coop’s income avenues which along with the continuation of the investment strategies (as decided previously by the members in assembly) would give the coop room to further developing the platform in terms of managing the tokens, for more investment, and for the development of commons building financial instruments at the service of multiple projects.
Secondly we have firm plans regarding Managing the shares/tokens:
-pooling resources for investments: as the tokens function like cryptocurrency they can be pooled directly by members for different purposes, such as
– commons-building/project-economy: commons projects may propose themselves, and owners of the tokens may finance the projects through staking their tokens to those projects within the platform
– investment pools: members can create different investment instruments, and owners of tokens may assign their assets, via their tokens, to these instruments according to their purposes
-existence on the aftermarket: voluntary tokens/shares can be bought and sold as any other cryptotokens (no more waiting periods etc.); if the market is liquid, they will function as cryptocurrencies on exchanges (have “moneyness”).
It is important to notice that it is these innovations that will make the cooperative and its membership (and thus its tokens) valuable.